Be-Safe Technologies Ltd ("us", "we", or "our") operates the website https://www.be-safetech.com website and associated services (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. This page also describes when we are acting as a data processor for a customer who has signed an agreement with us to provide to them our services, what that personal data is and how we process it.
Service is the https://www.be-safetech.com website and all the ancillary services which is provided by and operated by Be-Safe Technologies Ltd
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
As a Data Controller we collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Data that can be used to contact or identify you and which helps us in providing any of the Services. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. Having opted in to receiving contact this way, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send. If we are acting as a Data Controller under a written agreement with you, then we can maintain contact with you if that is required for lawful purposes.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so ("Location Data"). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data as a Data Controller
Be-Safe Technologies Ltd uses the collected Personal Data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under applicable Data Protection Laws
Be-Safe Technologies Ltd may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you or for someone with whom you are employed or engaged
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Personal Data
Be-Safe Technologies Ltd will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of the United Kingdom and/or the EU or other state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where you are based and as such the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Be-Safe Technologies Ltd may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Be-Safe Technologies Ltd may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Be-Safe Technologies Ltd
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and/or UK laws
Data Protection Act Principles:
To help firm up your organisations data protection policies to a satisfactory level, 8 principles of data protection were created. The essential aim of these principles are to plainly outline the necessary steps required to remain within the data law.
- 1: Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully
- 2: Personal data must be obtained and processed for specified lawful purposes
- 3: Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- 4: Personal data must be accurate and kept up to date accordingly
- 5: Personal data shall not be kept for any longer than is necessary
- 6: Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
- 7: Personal data must be kept safe and secure at all times
- 8: Personal data shall not be transferred outside the European Economic Area unless sufficient protection is ensured
If you are a resident of the United Kingdom and/or the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Be-Safe Technologies Ltd aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Be-Safe Technologies Ltd relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the United Kingdom and/or the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We use Legal Monster for our cookies settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Legal Monster, please visit the Legal Monster Privacy & Terms web page: https://www.legalmonster.com/privacy/
We use Live Chat Software from LiveChat. For more information on the privacy practices of LiveChat, please visit LiveChat Privacy & Terms web page: https://www.livechat.com/legal/privacy-policy/
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processor we work with is:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 15 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 15. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com
Where Be-Safe act as a Data Processor under a written contract with a customer of ours, our Personal Data Processing is as follows:
The types of Personal Data being Processed are:
Name, date of birth, address, email address, office or home address, place of work, sites visited, job role, qualifications, certificates and health and safety and equipment use credentials, capabilities.
The obligations and rights of the Data Processor(s) are:
- To evidence Data Protection Laws compliance
- To process Personal Data as a Processor or Sub-Processor on behalf of the Data Controller
- To process data in accordance with the principles as required under Data Protection Laws.
- Implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure, and to be able to demonstrate, that processing is performed in accordance with Data Protection Laws
- Implement proper data protection policies
Transfers outside the UK and/or the EEA:
Security measures in place:
As described in our security policy available on request at firstname.lastname@example.org.